9.1.2008

Today's topic is Mong Kok. Mong Kok is one of the districts in Kowloon. North from the TST. In Lonely Planet guidebook there are these suggested walking routes for different places. I wanted to do the Mong Kok walking trip. I also had heard about the Mong Kok Computer Center where you can get computer stuff cheap. I wanted to go there to buy a webcam.

First I went to my university to have a lunch. I heard some noises coming from the university football field so I went to check it out. There was some children's fair going on. I took some video footage of the event because the activities for the children were pretty different from the ones I used to have at kindergarten age. Check it out if you want to. My favourite is the "Matador" play:)


After lunch I decided to took the subway to Mong Kok like the guidebook adviced. I can't remember how tall trains they have in Helsinki, but in here I keep hitting my head in the subway trains. Mong Kok walking tour's first attraction was the bird market. In this alley there were hundreds or thousands of birds. I hope the noise can be heard in the video. After the bird market there is a flower market. The scents were quite wonderful as you may imagine. Next on the map was the ladies' market. Despite of the name there are much more than ladies' stuff for sale. Lots of tourists go there as you can get fake clothes and stuff from there for cheap. What it comes to bargaining, I'm not so good in it, so I wasn't interested in buying anything. I think I'll come back there some other day for shopping, but it was still a nice place to walk around. The last special place on my walking trip was Temple street and it's night market. Unfortunately I was quite early there so they were just putting up their stalls. So I got to come there again some other day. Although I think they sell the same stuff there as in ladies' market. Below you can see some footage from the bird & flower markets.

No comments: