1.1.2008

I slept like a baby in my hotel room's double bed. Too bad I had to wake up early (that's 10am) as I had to go to my university's student halls. I had only booked my hotel for two nights as I couldn't afford staying in the same hotel longer and I wanted to know if I could go to the student halls already. Finding the halls wasn't as easy as I imagined but finally I found the place. At the reception desk they said I might get an apartment there already this week, but I would have to come back tomorrow as there was no office staff at work.

Once I got back to my hotel, I had to leave right away as we had planned to go to the Hong Kong Island and visit the Victoria Peak. Victoria Peak is the highest point of Hong Kong Island (552m). We took a Star Ferry to Wan Chai and walked to the Peak Tram. The line for the Peak Tram was quite long as it was a public holiday. But we decided to wait and after a while we were on our way to the Peak. The view was magnificent. I hope you can also enjoy it with a small resolution video:


Once we got down from the Peak we went to eat. We wanted to try this place from Lonely Planet guidebook called Al's. It was decorated as an american diner from the 1950s. It was smaller what I expected but the food was great. After dinner we continued our sightseeing tour in the Island as we walked back to the ferry piers. Back in Kowloon we went to the famous Hard Rock Cafe and ordered drinks and ice cream, which turned out to be too much for one person... at least after a big burger. There was also a local band playing some classic rock songs. I thought they were great but my friends didn't agree... maybe my mojito was affecting my rating skills;)

After Hard Rock Cafe we called it a day. I had an early wake up as I had to go to my student halls again.

No comments: