17.1.2008

So the second semester is now officially started. I've taken 6 courses altogether: 5 from the logistics department and 1 language class. I'm attending the course Elementary Putonghua for Non-Chinese Speaking Students. Putonghua is what they speak in mainland China, also known as Mandarin. The logistics courses are pretty much the same courses I've taken in Finland, but it's interesting to see how they teach the same stuff in here. I only need to pass 5 courses in here, but one of them, Carriage of Goods Law, is quite difficult because it's a law course. So I just took an easier course as the 6th course in case I have to drop that difficult one.

Some exchange students I've talked with have school only 3 days in a week. I'm not that lucky. I've got lessons or tutorials 6 days in a week:) Yes, also in saturday!!! It's crazy. But it's not too bad as I only have few lessons a day. I don't mind coming to uni every weekday for few hours and grab a lunch at the same time. I don't really like long school days so this is just fine. Language classes are in the evening which is also good. I rather study when the sun has set.

During this first school week I have gone to some tutorials and found out they're empty. Some lecturers have sent emails that tutorials will not start on first week but some have not. So my logistics courses consist of 2 hour lectures and 1 hour tutorials. Each course will have an exam after the semester and some will have also midterm tests. Some kind of bigger project work is also included.

I wanted to share some video footage to you guys from our lectures. I took my video camera to one lecture we had on this thursday. Just check it out if you're interested. The guys on the lecture are Daniel (UK), Charlie (Canada) and Matthias (Germany)


No comments: