22.1.2008

Went to get a haircut today. In Hong Kong a wash and a haircut costs 70 dollars, that's about 6 euros. Not bad, huh? I was afraid of the "operation" as I didn't know how well they would speak english or how familiar they are with North European hair structure:) But it all went well and I'm happy with the result.

Today was also the introduction course for the gym. They want us to take a course before allowing us to use the gym so that we know how to use the machines and won't hurt ourselves. That's a bit too overprotective. So after being here for about 3 weeks I can finally use the gym. They had one course a week before but they only take 20 persons there so it was full once we made the reservations. Once the course started the instructor just said that he knows we all know how to use the machines so we can either stay there and do our own workout or just sign our names and leave. I decided to stay and make a quick workout. The gym is not very big but it has got all the equipment I need. The gym has also got several treadmills. I've never used treadmills as I rather run outdoors, but in here it's difficult to run outdoors as there is no good jogging routes and the air quality is what it is. So I guess I will be spending a lot of time on the treadmills.

No comments: