5.1.2008

Had to get up at 7am as I decided to join my friends for some trekking. I went to this one bus stop where all buses stop before going through the tunnel to the Hong Kong island. I took one bus which went near the place where I was going to meet the guys. They were late so I had time to go buy some breakfast. Once they got there we took a subway to Shau Kei Wan station from where we took a taxi to the beginning of the "Dragon's Back" trekking trail. You can also get there with bus number 9.

The "Dragon's Back" was voted as the best trekking trail of Asia some year by the Time magazine. And it sure was beautiful. First you go up through this forest and on top of the Dragon's Back there's a beautiful view to every direction. The trail is very easy to walk and it takes about 2.5 hours to walk through the trail. Take a look at the video for some footage from there. Later on I might add some photos from there once I get those pictures taken by OP.



After trekking we took a taxi to Kowloon to the Hung Hom Station next to my university. We went to eat there and after a quick tour around the campus we walked to Tsim Sha Tsui to get my friends' backpacks. This was their last day in Hong Kong so from TST we took an airbus to Hong Kong airport. I accompanied them to the airport as it's nice to ride the airbus because of all the sights along the road.

No comments: